I did some work on guessing algorithm for
https://projects-new.apache.org/releases.html
=> the release name is completely calculated from full file name found in /dist

That's the best I could do: not really extract version, but at least extract
release name
see [1] for more details on code

Notice: sine reporter works at Committee/PMC level, there may be multiple
projects that are managed by the committee, thus the question is not only to
extract the version but the project too

Regards,

Hervé

[1]