On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 8:17 AM, Sharan Foga <sharan.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm interested in finding out how we could encourage more women to
> participate on Apache projects. It's a discussion topic that came up last
> week while I was at Apachecon. My understanding is that we don't have any
> current strategies in place so I think it could be good to look at gathering
> some ideas about how to tackle the problem and also hear about any lessons
> learned from any previous or similar strategies.
>
> What do people think?

One thing that individual projects can do is affirm the ASF Code of
Conduct on their websites.

  http://couchdb.apache.org/#contribute
  https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct

I'd suggest that anybody who feels like scratching this itch JFDI,
using the CouchDB language as a template. Don't ask permission first
and don't sweat the wording, just update the website -- because the
Code of Conduct already applies across all Apache projects. If people
feel like iterating on the wording later, that's fine -- but get
something up there to start with.

And then, once it's up, it would be great to hear back on this list about it. :)

Marvin Humphrey