On 09/27/2016 10:13 PM, Shane Curcuru wrote:
> I've made a first pass of improving the various event pages, with what I
> think each URL is/should be used for.
>
> https://www.apache.org/events/
> Permanent landing URL for jumping off to any event related content.
>
> https://www.apache.org/events/current-event.html
> Brief ApacheCon/Apache:BigData overview (is this specifically used by
> any other projects/scripts these days?)

I wonder if that page shouldn't just go away and/or be merged with the
one over on community.apache.org

> https://www.apache.org/events/meetups.html
> Semi-Manually updated list of just Meetups in next 2 weeks.
>
> https://community.apache.org/calendars/
> Google, iCal, and listing of major, brand-approved conferences, manually
> maintained by EA and ComDev when asked.  Useful for people pulling the
> iCal feed.
>
> * Deprecated
>
> https://community.apache.org/calendars/conferences.html
> Outdated version of calendars/index as far as I can tell.
>
> https://community.apache.org/events/small-events.html
> Old listing of how to get event approval; should be folded in elsewhere
> (into third party branding policy and into other calendar pages).

Yeah, we should probably drop that one, and add a Shiny New Policy Page
over on apache.org/events when I finally have time to draft that.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon