A quick thought I want to add .. can we extend this discussion for,

1. What ASF project should have been done in other language apart from JAVA
? and Why ?
2. In the current time JAVA is massive but what feature is lacking in java
which gives other language a chance to this sport event ?

PS. I do not see any language matters when we are solving a problem.
Language is just a medium and all the languages are the more or less in the
same plane in this case. But a lot of attendees to ASF are quite
comfortable in JAVA could be another reason. Could not be ?

Best Regards,
Sagir