I hear it as the voice of (occasionally bitter) experience.

It could easily be my own voice as well. I have found in my own limited
experience that communities who pay attention to minority voices to be far
better at producing real consensus. I have also found that people with a
majority-rules opinion often change their opinion to minority-must-be-heard
when they are no longer in the majority. That matches what Joe said pretty
closely.

His phrasing might not be what I would use, but his experience seems to
match mine quite closely.

I also really don't see how a valid statement of long experience is FUD. I
certainly see a healthy dose of FUD in my day job from competitors and
Joe's statement is pretty different.