SNAPSHOTS can be modified (overridden by a new version of the snapshot or
deleted) and will break the following release policy rule:

'Every ASF release MUST contain one or more source packages, which MUST be
sufficient for a user to build and test the release provided they have
access to the appropriate platform and tools.'

If you are maintaining your own SNAPSHOT of a given project (e.g.
commons-csv) and assuming they are not going to perform a release, you
might be better performing a release yourself (Any23) which is not perfect
but I have seen other projects doing it (e.g.
https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.spark-project.hive%22
)

Having said that, I would really try to discuss with commons-csv if they
could help and accept your changes and perform a release.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#source-packages

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975