On 04/17/2018 02:52 PM, Julian Foad wrote:
Rich Bowen wrote:
We also track what projects are doing this. At the moment, 42 projects
are, while 158 are not.

Several people have indicated a willingness to help me reach out to
those 158 [...]

The Subversion PMC received your request email eight days ago. I then nudged the PMC
saying "I assume we would want to do this" and asking for volunteers, but no
PMC member has volunteered yet.

A question:

May I forward that email (received on private@subversion.a.o) to public
channels e.g. dev@subversion.a.o? It looks to me like that would be perfectly
acceptable.

In retrospect, it would make a lot more sense to have sent this to dev@ in the first place.

Reasons: (1) the principle that project activity should be open if possible;
(2) involvement with such tasks can strengthen the community; (3) more likely
to find a volunteer who has time for this task, relatively small though it is.

A suggestion:

If this is acceptable, maybe you should actively suggest PMCs share this
(simple) task with their non-PMC volunteers, in future correspondence, as it is
all too easy for the reader of such an email to just not think of forwarding
it. (I didn't, at first.)

You're absolutely right.