Hi Everyone

Please see below for a message from some researchers from the University of
Cincinnati who are running a survey on participation in Open Source. The survey
is open to all Apache contributors and committers and the researchers have said
they make a donation to the ASF for completed responses up to a maximum of
$1000.

Please feel free to circulate this message within your projects.

Thanks
Sharan

October 16, 2018

Dear Apache Software Foundation Contributors and Committers,

We are researchers at the University of Cincinnati. We want to understand how a
firm's participation in open source software (OSS) development affects you and
your job. Since you are significant contributors to the OSS community, we
invite you to participate in our study by completing an online survey.

The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. In appreciation of
your time, $5 will be donated to Apache for each completed survey response up
to a total of $1,000. In addition, each survey participant will be entered into
a prize drawing. Two people will be randomly selected—each person will receive
a $250 Visa gift card.

Your individual responses will be kept confidential and anonymous. Your
participation is voluntary. You may start and then change your mind and exit
the survey at any time. You can complete the survey any time before November
10th.  We will send one reminder on October 21st and one on November 8th.

Your inputs are extremely valuable to improving our understanding of how OSS
development impacts developers’ career experiences.

Please click the following link to start the survey.
http://cincinnati.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3h3D0bMEHrQ47xr

Thank you again for your time!

Sincerely,
Dr. Sherae Daniel, Dr. Jaime Windeler, and Dr. Liwei Chen
University of Cincinnati
Carl H. Lindner College of Business
Department of Operations, Business Analytics & Info Systems (OBAIS)
Room 618 Carl H. Lindner Hall
2925 Campus Green Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45221
Sherae Daniel, Ph.D.
sherae.dan...@uc.edu
New OSS Research
London School of Economics Blog Post
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2018/09/26/can-your-organisation-benefit-from-embracing-the-open-source-way/
Maruping, L., Daniel, S.L., Cataldo, M., Herbsleb, J. (2018) “Developer
Centrality and the Impact of Value Congruence and Incongruence on Commitment
and Code Contribution Activity in Open Source Software Communities” Management
Information Systems Quarterly (Accepted).
Daniel, S.L., Maruping, L., Cataldo, M. (2018) “The Impact of Ideology Fit on
Companies and OSS Communities” Management Information Systems Quarterly
(Accepted).
Daniel, S.L., Midha, V., Bhattacherhjee, Singh, S. (2018) "Sourcing Knowledge
in open source software projects: The impacts of internal and external social
capital on project success" The Journal of Strategic Information Systems (In
Press).
https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1XhMS3RA8iSVl3