On 2/2/2019 3:59 AM, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> Can someone please explain what the urgency is? We will have the GSoC
> application ready by the deadline on Feb 6, plenty of time left.

Hi Uli, there are two issues at hand:

1 - The application due Feb 6th and concern that you've been ill.  So
Maxim stepped up and has been leading getting the application done.
That is considered time-sensitive and no one seems to have the
statistics about student success/failure from GSoC2018.  We have the
2017 information as you noted elsewhere.  Hopefully that's good to go
now.  This was the reason for the time-sensitive subject line.

2 - The other issue at hand is not as time sensitive.  There are various
other paperwork for the program that are required as the year goes on
that need to be handled to get the donation from Google.  I've handled
it for the past 2 years and I'm exiting the role.  I'm not being
replaced in a 1:1 fashion so there are duties that I have been handling
that I'm concerned about due to a retraction of duties that will leave
GSOC slipping through the cracks.  I'd prefer that not happen.

Maybe if you can volunteer to handle that for Fundraising, that would be
good?  I don't think it should fall under treasurer but the issue is it
will take someone in a financial role to handle a lot of it.  Another
idea is to light a fire under the financial committee and add this to
the tasks it handles as an intermediary to give oversight to treasurer
and assistance to fundraising where they need.

Regards,
KAM