Hello everyone,

I was wondering, what the ASF thinks about non-committers to the projects
to be mentors for Season of Docs [1]?

The SoD requires 2 mentors. I am looking to support Airflow in the SoD, and
I was wondering if the ASF would be okay if I partnered with a committer to
mentor a tech writer to participate in the project.

The reasoning behind is:

   -

   Some projects may not have enough committers who can volunteer for this
   particular project
   -

   But, those projects would greatly benefit from having a dedicated tech
   writer for at least 3 months to improve their documentation
   -

   Projects may have non-committer contributors who know about docs
   (information architecture/documentation for open source), but not
   necessarily be committers in the project

Please let me know what are your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Aizhamal

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/admin-guide