Did they even ask us to help put them in touch with people?

How did they pick who they were going to email?

Can anyone take point in contacting their IRB and, well, not
to put a too fine a point on it: ratting them out?

This certainly was done without approval. And I don't know how
they gathered my email address, but it wasn't legitimately, as
I didn't opt-in.

-Joan