On 30/03/2019 09.57, Wade Chandler wrote:
In another message I ask about a wiki page etc. That might he helpful, and
seems if this issue has been attempted to be addressed for such a long
period of time in the context of Apache, there will be plenty of material
to help us all do more than argue on a mailing list, and will get to the
important work of having the humans in the context understand the causation
of the issues; you do need them to modify some behaviors to be successful
do you not?

Wade

It hasn't been attempted, by any real stretch of the definition. We have TAC, that is pretty much all. Nothing else, basically. We claim to only look at merit, and be neutral in all regards, but to use a crude sci-fi metaphor (bear with me), we are ending up trying to falsely apply the Prime Directive (do not interfere until they are sufficiently advanced) to subset of our own species, as the neutrality only applies insofar that people are at our level first. Neutrality doesn't work when people are at a significant disadvantage to begin with.

Having said that, TAC has proven to be very successful in terms of bringing new, underprivileged people into the Apache family and making them stick and succeed (that's how I got here!), so we have something to build off, and we have definitive proof that we can make a difference. We also, however, have ample empirical data suggesting this is *far* from enough if we are to truly claim community > code.