On 02/04/2019 11.37, Joan Touzet wrote:

Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> said:
On 02/04/2019 11.34, Joan Touzet wrote:
Daniel said:
On 02/04/2019 11.29, Daniel Gruno wrote:
On 02/04/2019 11.26, Joan Touzet wrote:
Trying to cut through the bikeshedding:

Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> said:
I'd recommend a separate mailing list (to provide focus) and a
JIRA,
perhaps some place to put documents (either within the comdev
svn
area,
or somewhere else if spun off), and then...just get to work :)

This is what Griselda proposed as well (yes, and other things).

Can we get these now (under ComDev) and move them later when the
president's committee is approved? (And, if not, they can stay
under
ComDev)?

Yes, we can request them right now (within 3 hours), we just need
pick a name for the list (gimme some suggestions!) - and probably
just
pick the same name for a sub dir of comdev's svn. the JIRA
instance
is
already requested via a ticket.

perhaps we should just make divers...@apache.org and get started
there?
the advantage being that it's not tied to a project, so whatever
we
end
up with, it wouldn't affect the list.

Well, we have the JIRA already:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DI/summary

divers...@apache.org works for me; if the president's committee
doesn't
get approved, would we have any pressure to move that to
diversity@community.a.o instead?

No, not really :) there's plenty of precedence for keeping it.
Assuming this would be a public list (feedback??), I can get it
created
ASAP.

Public, but non-member posts get moderated. (I forget if this is the
default.)

Requested, and should be ready within an hour or two.

-Joan