Hi all,

I’m involved in the IoT track for ACNA and ACEU and was trying to use [1] to
find all Apache in the IoT space. At the time I first visited that page, the
Apache Ignite project was the only project to be listed there … now the PLC4X
and Camel have been added, but it seems most projects are not maintaining their
RDP files correctly.

It would be cool if some people could help with fixing this issue for the
projects they are involved with.

Perhaps as a little help. I did the following for the PLC4X project:

  1.  Created the two RDF files (PMC description [2] and Project description
[3]) which are published through our project website and are available at [4]
and [5].
  2.  Registered them in the committees.xml and the projects.xml files here [6]
  3.  Wait at most 24 hours

Perhaps if you use these as templates, it helps get the files up and running.

The main reason we chose to maintain these files in our project, is that I have
seen quite a lot of projects without maintained RDF files, because they are so
invisible to most of the folks … if for example you have a look at the Flex ref
file [7], it still mentions Alex as chair, which isn’t the case anymore for
more than 2 years now.
Our hope is by managing these resources as part of the normal project, they get
a little more visibility and awareness.

Chris

[1] https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
[2]