If I might make a plug ... two, in fact.

1) The Kibble project, which provides these statistics, is a warm welcoming place, if anyone is looking for a way to contribute to an exciting project.

2) reporter.a.o lives in the community.apache.org svn repo, and welcomes patches.

As both Kibble PMC chair, and a ComDev PMC member, I am often concerned by the degree to which many of our project conversations are people asking for stuff, and then Daniel doing it. Yes, Daniel does awesome work, but bus-factor-1 project make me very, very squidgy. Both for sustainability of the project when Daniel burns out, and for the misperception that this service is somehow a function of Infra and should have an SLA.

So ... all that to say, we really would love to see more people tinkering with this code.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/