Hello All,

ACL Indore successfully organized the "Open Source and ASF
Awareness" Session at Indore on 23 November 2019.

We had a very fruitful and interactive session with bright and young minds
of Daisy Dales School.

The post-event report and some clicks can be found at,
Report - https://s.apache.org/OS-ASF-Awareness-Nov-19
Images - https://www.flickr.com/photos/alcindore/sets/72157711932233583/

Here are highlights from the event -

-- 50+ Students participated in the event and attended the session.
-- The duration of the session was 1 hour 30 minutes including the
interaction with the audience.
-- The response from students was overwhelming for us, they asked some
surprisingly amazing questions to us, like
    # How can I earn money by making my code open source?
    # Who is the CEO of Apache?
    # If I take an open-source project, customize it, and sell it to
my friend, can he also sell my customized project?
    # How can I contribute to Apache?
    # How much do you earn by taking these sessions? ;-) :D
    # If a big organization, takes my open source project and earn
money from it, then will it be my loss?
    # any many more...

In the session, we covered the following topics.

-- What is Open source software?
-- History of Open source and ASF
-- Comparison with closed source
-- Why you should know Open Source?
-- Why you should contribute to Open Source?
-- How can you contribute?
-- Open Source License
-- Examples Open source and project under ASF umbrella.
-- Apache Software Foundation History & Projects
-- How to pick a project based domain/programming language interest from ASF

After the session, we had a query resolution session in which the
students came up with very thoughtful and interesting queries, which
we didn't quite expect considering their age.
But they surprised us, most of them seemed to be aware and well-informed
even at this young age.

We hope this session turns out useful for the students and we inch
closer towards realizing our dream of creating an impact.

Students spent a great time with us even after the session,
they individually asked many queries and requested us to come back soon.

** In one line, these kids were awesome and we were filled with great
energy after interacting with them!! :) **

Thanks to the entire community for your continuous support and guidance.
Also thanks to the members of the ALC Indore [2] team for their ground work.

[1] https://s.apache.org/alc
[2] https://s.apache.org/alc-indore

========
To know more about Apache Local Community, please refer [1], and if
you are interested in setting up the ALC Chapter in your area
(town/city), please feel free to send a mail to ComDev team on
dev@community.apache.org
========

Best Regards,
Priya Sharma