Hi all,

I think I brought this up before, but it’s getting more important now.
Till now it was just Apache PLC4X which would profit from this, but now that we
also have Apache StreamPipes, there’s a second project that would benefit.

In order to implement some industry protocols, you need to be member of the
organization behind the protocol.

The ones I am talking about are:

  *   OPC Foundation (Logo-Membership to be allowed to use the OPC-UA logo and
name as well as access the specs) … costs 0$/Year
  *   EtherCat organization (Logo-Membership to be allowed to use the EzherCAT
Logo, access the specs and request a Vendor ID) … costs 0$/year
  *   ProfiNet organization (Free Membership to be allowed to use the ProfiNet
Logo and request a vendor ID) … costs 0$/year

The EtherCat and ProfiNet protocols would require a Vendor id, which would
identify any driver implementations as Apache software.
The PLC4X Project requires these both in order to be able to implement active
drivers.
The PLC4X and StreamPipes projects both require the 3 logo-memberships in order
to be allowed to use the Logo and Names of the protocols.

Are there any objection for me to go ahead and start the paperwork (or just
filling out the online forms)?
Being the VP of PLC4X I should be able to do this (Being an officer of the
Foundation)

Chris