From: Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Sent: 21 August 2020 07:32
To: Apache Members <memb...@apache.org>
Cc: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: Triage role on Github

This "elder" thinks this is all good, but you *could* rely more on social,
rather than technical, solutions to achieve what you want without needing Infra
assistance. If the concept is introduced in a given project, where people are
given commit rights, with the explicit expectations only to use it for "triage"
then I think it will be respected. Classic reference is Subversion project,
which gives a social grant to a part of the codebase, although there is no
technical means to prevent a committer to mess it up.
But, if they do, it is easily restored and actions can be taken depending on
the nature of the reason.

// Niclas