Here are my 0.2 cents.
On one side, some people will like this idea to show how much they did for
the open-source and ASF projects. It would be a big encouragement for
people around them. From this perspective, it is good for community
development.
On the other hand, this could be treated as a kind of award, and people and
companies are going to over-marketing these again and again. Like comparing
which project has more stars, contributors, issues. Like have been
mentioned, this could be harmful to the contributors doing the open-source
for fun in the free time and join and go randomly.

My idea is, don't take this as an official one from the foundation level.
Committer and PMC membership should have been enough.
Some projects provide this kind of things because their PMC(or called core
maintainer team) usually don't accept individual or people working in the
free time as a member of PMC, but this is not the case in ASF.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Matthew Sacks <matt...@matthewsacks.com> 于2021年4月5日周一 下午4:42写道: