> And speaking from my extremely parochial POV as part of the SpamAssassin
> project, I know that our requests for "support" often amount to
> embedding special dispensation for sketchy practices, so I don't think
> anyone working on *OUR* project could "lift" it without telling
> subscribers "NO!" and being terminated.

BTW. I actually said "NO" several times (nothing serious) and was not
terminated - quite the opposite.
I was literally thanked for honesty and transparency and for providing
"community perspective". My contracts were renewed and improved
afterwards.
I guess our stakeholders understand how the ASF community works.