Hi Everyone

Sorry this is a little late - I feel like I am still recovering from ApacheCon in New Orleans (and no - I don't mean that I have a mega hangover :-)

Just being at an in person event again - and at ApacheCon was amazing. From the first day seeing familiar faces turn up and say Hello to watching talks with standing room only. Meeting new people, having fun, making jokes and also of course the serious conversations made it a great experience - I totally enjoyed it all. Even breaking a tooth on the first day couldn't dampen my enthusiasm (though it might have made me a little short tempered every now and then!)

I know that a lot of  people couldn't make it due to various reasons and unfortunately Swapnil Mane our ComDev PMC Chair and Co-Track Chair of the Community Track was on of them. I was really hoping for us to get to meet in person but it wasnt to be. I hope that Swapnil and all the others that didn't get the chance to experience this ApacheCon will get that opportunity in the future.

So now to business - first of all I'd like to say a huge thank you to all our speakers came along to speak at the Community Track! You are the ones that really made the track successful. Our track attracted a really good audience and I think the topics on the schedule were a good mix that helped not only inform but also gave the chance to interact.

Thank you to Mick Semb Wever for opening our Community track with a presentation about Community @ Cassandra. We also heard stories from a variety of projects including Lucene and Airflow which shows that we all have something to share that could help other communities evolve and grow. We had sessions on Avoiding Burnout, Fundraising at the ASF, GSoC, starting up a project, running events,  the Apache Way - all interesting and well attended.  I'd be happy to hear any comments or feedback from any of you that attended the sessions.

Special mentions goes out to Eric Pugh who stepped in at the last moment to fill a gap in the track schedule and also to the TAC team who tirelessly helped me with stock for the ASF Booth. The booth was well stocked with our latest swag items which were also well received ... they disapperared pretty quickly.

As ever kudos and endless gratitude goes out to the the Conferences team of Rich Bowen, Ruth Suehle and Brian Proffitt (plus all those others behind the scenes) who had the busiest week ever but dealt with all the issues and stress with quick, calm efficiency.

What a blast! Let's get ready for the next one!

Thanks
Sharan