I am aware that certain projects follow this [LAZY][VOTE] convention. But I
am not able to read our release policy in such a way to allow that. What I
would appreciate is that somebody pointing me to a certain part of the
policy and explaining the legal room for this [LAZY][VOTE] act.

For the record, the release post you shared still has the following
statement: *"This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now"* of
which I am trying to cut down on.