Proposed: Form a formal Website working group.

(I am aware that I haven’t defined “working group” yet, and I do, in fact,
intend to propose a Working Groups Working Group which could possibly formalize
what a working group looks like. I have some ideas, but no desire to go define
it on my own.)

The Website WG would, obviously, be responsible for the maintenance of the
website. I am aware that some folks think I’m just off doing that on my own,
and that’s part of what I’m trying to avoid (see
https://lists.apache.org/thread/nwvr28gq51c8v0wkqjv8xvvc2xqrtf03 for further
commentary). I would like to gather a group of people who 1) care about it and
2) are willing to do some of (NOT ALL) the work.

Specific things that I believe we should tackle include

* Long-term maintenance of the site. This involves regular audits, implementing
metrics, and perhaps other things
* Reorg - this is a short-term task that I’ve been just doing on my own, which
ensures it will never get done, and if it did, there may be some disagreement
about how I did it.
* Deduplication - work closely with MarkPub to figure out the *right* place for
certain information; work through the policy/best-practice dichotomy and ensure
that we are *not* duplicating policy docs; Work on content on www.a.o
<http://www.a.o/> that is closely related to content on community.a.o - which
one is authoritative? Ensure that we don’t duplicate, contradict, or confuse.

There’s probably more.

I would hope that a WG would have regular checkins (could be email, Slack,
Google Meet, I really don’t care, as long as everyone is engaging with the
conversation.)

If you are interested in helping form this group, please speak up in this
thread, and help us help one another.

—
Rich Bowen
rbo...@rcbowen.com