As a work-round, I have replaced the embedded calendar with a clickable link.
I agree it is not ideal, but at least it works.

Note that there is a fundamental difference between the summary
calendar on the main page and the full calendar, now no longer
embedded.

The former is a fixed list, with no user interaction, the latter
allows for scrolling by month etc.
I am not an expert, but I suspect it would be difficult to wrap that
in Javascript.