On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 at 12:08, Raphael Bircher <rbircherapa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebb
>
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 11:38 AM sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 at 10:21, Raphael Bircher <rbircherapa...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Sebb
> > >
> > > On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 10:49 AM sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > To put the data in a (JavaScript) generated Calendar like the one who was
> > > included via IFrame.
> >
> > But which data exactly? Where would the data be kept?
> >
> > The ICal file from google. We could fetch it directly from google or fetch
> it regularly on our server and include it from there into the JavaScript.

It would be trivial to fetch, but parsing it is non-trivial compared
with the JSON output.

> And would the page have the same functionality as the existing Google
> > calendar?
> >

> Not exactly the same I think

It does not have to look the same, but it should provide most of the
same functionality, otherwise why bother?

> > If not, what would be different?
> >
> The main benefit would be, that we are able to move away from Google
> Calendar like Rich recommended earlier in the discussion

If we are to move away from Google Calendar, then the data should be
stored in a format that is easier to maintain and use.
ICS is not such a format.

> The JavaScript Calendar will only need a .ics files

Not an easy job, parsing ICS files.