(Moving general@incubator and dev@community to BCC since this is really a legal question about ASF licensing)

tison wrote on 5/1/24 11:25 PM:
Hi,

IIUC, the Apache License 2.0 is mainly to license code and related stuff that constructs the final software.

However, projects may also create text content like documents. Is it appropriate to use Apache License 2.0 for them (since quite a few terms may not be applicable)? Or what licenses shall we use?

The ASF uses the Apache-2.0 license for our projects' own content that is put into any releases, immaterial of type of content:

https://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-docs

Using a single license reduces complexity, and makes it simpler for users to understand the issues around re-using ASF products.

--
- Shane
  Member