(adding security-disc...@community.apache.org for visibility)

Looks interesting, I signed up.

As this is a post-disclosure channel, ideally we don't really expect to
learn about new vulnerabilities here, but there's a couple of ways I think
it could be useful:

For discussions around issues in our own projects:
* we could monitor they indeed map to disclosures we published and flag
'rogue' publications
* we could learn about how we could improve our messaging
* we could consider proactively sending our advisories to Siren (like we do
to oss-security), I'll get in touch with them on whether and how that's
welcome.

For discussions around issues in our dependencies:
* perhaps we could use Siren as an extra signal to highlight particularly
serious issues, as generally monitoring advisories for dependencies has a
low signal-to-noise ratio (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SECURITY/Dealing+with+security+advisories+for+dependencies),
so it's not obvious how to do this effectively.

Kind regards,

Arnout