> I am with Fil, I never use it, and the first thing I do is * it.

same here, and then I never think about the whitelist as a security
solution again.

+1 for covering data sanitization and security in docs

What use cases are we enabling by having the whitelist?

I'd be very interested to hear a solid use case as well. If none are
forthcoming/obvious, I think this is good justification for opening it up
as Brian suggests.