Looking at the two guides right now, two things struck me as different:

1. Andrew's walks you through *how* to install all of the required tools,
we just say which tools to install
2. Andrew's instructions go through the old way of setting up a project,
which is now out of date. But! Once going through them, you get a pretty
good idea of how Cordova works because he points out what all of the pieces
do. E.g. the jar is the native side, the www is your code, the manifest is
where your permissions go.

As for #1, I think the short version we have in our guide is sufficient,
and I don't like the idea of having it explained out more thoroughly
step-by-step, because it's then more of a pain to keep up-to-date.

I can see us doing more in the area of #2 though. E.g. have a separate
guide that goes through all of the parts of an Android Cordova app, and
points out which ones you may want to touch at some point.

I also agree that it might make things more clear to separate out IDE
instructions from the core command-line instructions. I don't think we
should remove them though, since the IDE is the harder thing to figure out
usually :P.

Perhaps to tie in these external tutorials, we add a note at the bottom
saying that if you still need help, to search for external tutorials /
youtube walkthroughs / link to the user forums? We could also mention which
versions of Cordova have had changes in steps, so that they don't follow
old tutorials like the one that was pointed out.