Right, the tool would certainly copy the icon into the right place. The
issue here is that config.xml is platform-agnostic, but we may coding
paths to icons that may or may not be platform-specific. Here's an
example, assuming paths are relative to native project root:

<icon src="res/hdpi/icon.png" />
<icon src="www/res/icon.png" />

The first one would be Android-specific, and the second one would NOT work
on Android. This is the kind of issue I'm looking to resolve.