Fair enough. And sorry I missed these replies.

But what about my follow up question about the format functions. I asked
about this on the Google Group too. Steve Atkin responded that he
*thought* the idea was that you would use the result of the format
functions in other JS libraries. It would be nice if someone on the PG
team could *officially* confirm that is the intent (and even nicer if it
was in the docs. ;) He also suggested Twitter's CLDR library would be an
example of one that could use it:

Twitter CLDR https://github.com/twitter/twitter-cldr-js

My main point here is - we have these functions in the Globalization API
with no real direction as to their practical usage. They seem *perfect*
for bypassing the async nature and would be much more practical, but the
docs really should provide a bit more guidance I think.

Anyway - I would love it if I could get confirmation on the above.