I believe Joe means this bit of code:

        // Set the nav dump for HTC 2.x devices (disabling for ICS,
deprecated entirely for Jellybean 4.2)

        try {

            Method gingerbread_getMethod =  WebSettings.class.getMethod(
"setNavDump", new Class[] { boolean.class });

            String manufacturer = android.os.Build.MANUFACTURER;

            Log.d(TAG, "CordovaWebView is running on device made by: " +
manufacturer);

            if(android.os.Build.VERSION.SDK_INT < android.os.Build.
VERSION_CODES.HONEYCOMB &&

                    android.os.Build.MANUFACTURER.contains("HTC"))

            {

                gingerbread_getMethod.invoke(settings, true);

            }

        } catch (NoSuchMethodException e) {

            Log.d(TAG, "We are on a modern version of Android, we will
deprecate HTC 2.3 devices in 2.8");

        } catch (IllegalArgumentException e) {

            Log.d(TAG, "Doing the NavDump failed with bad arguments");

        } catch (IllegalAccessException e) {

            Log.d(TAG, "This should never happen: IllegalAccessException
means this isn't Android anymore");

        } catch (InvocationTargetException e) {

            Log.d(TAG, "This should never happen: InvocationTargetException
means this isn't Android anymore.");

        }

I'm in favour of getting rid of it if that is indeed what Joe is
suggestion.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald