The current command-line API has a few main "action" type commands:

- compile (shells out to the "build" script)
- prepare (copies over www assets into platform folders, prepares plugin
files, that sort of thing)
- emulate (deploys to an emulator)
- build (alias for a prepare + a compile)

..and a few "setup" type commands:

- platform add/rm whatever
- plugin add/rm whatever

My issue with this api is that it doesn't line up with the command line
tooling design that we've agreed upon [1].

Most of the time, users want to either get the app on a device, or on an
emulator. We have a "run" platform-level script defined that does the
run-on-device bits, and an "emulate" script that does the emulator
launching + deploying to an emulator. The run command implicitly calls the
platform-level "build" script to compile the app first.

I would suggest in some manner exposing the "run" command. I'm open to
suggestions on how to tweak the API. Ideally, I would like to slate these
api changes for 3.0.

Thoughts/comments/suggestions welcome!

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign