As I found out the npm installation doesn't include the necessary lib folder.
Where can I find it?
Is there still existing download link for Cordova 2.2.0? On
http://archive.apache.org/dist/cordova/ the list stops on Cordova 2.3.0, the
first version of cordova without any iOS 4 support. Hmpf...
Can somebody help me with that?