I'm ambivalent on this issue.

To play devil's advocate, Joe, it hasn't been an issue on iOS or Windows
Phone, so any speculation that this _will_ be an issue in the future is
just that: speculation.

If anything we should set an over/under on how long it will take after
introducing this change before we get "Hey gaiz I changed
CordovaWebView.java and now nothing works!" issues ;)

My bet is: a long time.