Exactly.  Unlike other releases, 3.0 is the only one with a firm date.
 I don't feel that we have the time to refactor all the plugin
interfaces AND notify all our users.  I think that this work will
heavily conflict with the plugin breakout stuff that we're currently
looking to merge back into Cordova 3.0.  If we have a shot at getting
this release out by the date, we should try to change as little as we
can.

That's why I think this should be moved to 3.1.0 at the earliest.
This is too ambitious for 3.0, imo.