OK, since we're not talking about each individual one in their own
thread (or at least a thread I can find), let's talk about them here:

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org> wrote:

> cordova-android:
>
> - Change plugins to have distinct package names

How does this work with plugin discovery? It's better to change it now
before we get plugin discovery fully setup and this becomes a problem.
 Doing this for 3.0 was too much work last minute but this could be
done on 3.1

> - Look at using requestAnimationFrame to throttle exec bridge (advice from
> a PGD talk)

There better be tests for this before it lands since this touches the
exec bridge.  Do we have JUnit tests for the exec bridge?  We probably
should!

> - Move JSONUtils out of core (to minimize API surface) (was added by our
> intern a while ago)

So, this isn't being used by our plugins?

> - Move FileHelpers out of core (Most functionality now lives in
> CordovaResourceApi)

The last time I checked, our plugins depended on this.  If we're not
supporting it, it should go.

> - Move ExifHelpers out of core and into Camera (used only by Camera)

This may also be used by Capture when we capture an image.  I have no
idea why we have two ways of taking a photo.

> - Extract Database plugin out of core (and into... cordova-labs?
> cordova-android?)

What Database Plugin?  If we have a storage plugin still in core, it should die.

> - Change CordovaWebview constructors to accept a CordovaInterface instead
> of a Context (get the Context from the getActivity() of CordovaInterface)

I recommend creating a second constructor instead, since there are
examples of CordovaWebViews that use CordovaInterfaces that aren't
activities and it's probably easier for CordovaWebView to provide a
Context than CordovaInterface to do so in those cases.  I don't see
why we can't add a second constructor and keep this for those cases.

> - Make private (or package-private) any api that is likely unused by third
> party plugins

We should warn people that we're doing that this release.

> - Use source instead of .jar

We should allow for both!  Using a jar is easier to do from the
command line, and this is more CLI work (which there is no shortage
of).

>     - Easier to debug, faster "project create", consistent with how plugins
> work
>
> - Extract splashscreen logic out of core

It can't be done, we've gone through this numerous times.  The
splashscreen has to appear before we even have a PluginManager
instantiated.  Someone has to put a Java chicken there to stall while
we get the JS Egg ready.