Want to have this as a discussion starter.

We've previously established that:
1. Releases for plugman & CLI will not be tied to platform releases
2. Releases to plugins will not be tied to platform releases

That's not to say we shouldn't sometime co-ordinate them with platform
releases, but I think there would need to be a compelling reason to couple
them.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to not tie platform releases together
either? E.g. Allow an update to cordova-ios separately from
cordova-blackberry10.

Possible Advantages:
  - Releases will (hopefully) occur more frequently. Don't need to wait for
synchronization with other platforms to do a release.

Possible Disadvantages:
  - Might make for too many releases & spam our users with release notes
too often
  - Might make us lazy and release platforms too infrequently
  - Might make version numbers for platforms not correspond date-wise with
version numbers of other platforms (e.g. 3.1 ios != 3.1 android)

Other considerations:
  cordova-js is a common piece here. Perhaps that could be pulled out as
well?

Option 1: Bundle the exec bridge, platform bootstrap & plugin loader with
the platform, and have the rest available as a plugin.
Option 2: Bundle exec bridge + platform bootstrap with the platform, bundle
the plugin loader with plugman, put the rest in a plugin

For reference, the only non-exec-bridge / start-up code I can see is:
./cordova.js   <--- hooks addEventListener + has exec bridge logic
./common/argscheck.js   <--- strictly a helper for plugins
./common/base64.js   <--- exec bridge depends on this
./common/builder.js  <--- should be folded into modulemapper.js
./common/channel.js  <--- start-up code needs this
./common/init.js  <--- start-up code
./common/modulemapper.js  <--- start-up code
./common/pluginloader.js  <--- loads plugins on start-up
./common/urlutil.js   <--- recently added helper for plugins
./common/utils.js   <--- mostly misc stuff that may be mostly unused?

There's also:
./windows8/windows8/commandProxy.js
which I assume is exec bridge releated.

I think that argscheck & urlutil would be well-suited as stand-alone
plugins that other plugins depend on.