On Fri Sep 20 10:11 AM, Michal Mocny wrote:
> Yeah, but not sure how best to do so.
>
> Do we have a way to mark plugins as deprecated?  Crazy idea: upload a
> nearly
> empty version under the old plugin name that <depends> on the
> new one, and
> add a <deprecated> type tag to plugin.xml spec?

It sort of brings us back to "required" vs. "non-required" dependency:

I think you'd end up with:
> plugin list
org.cordova.core.FOO
org.cordova.FOO

My pref would be to 'break stuff' then have a placeholder for deprecated plugin
ids.

All we really want here is way to resolve "org.cordova.core.FOO" -->
"org.cordova.FOO" for backwards compatibility.

Harmony proposal calls this step resolve(),lots of similarity :
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:module_loaders

Having a way to register aliases or alternative ids/names could be useful in
some sort of 'resolve' step.