Sorry for being silent today. I ended up not having much time to work today
:(. Mostly what I got done is more thinking about how to go about things :P.

That said, Braden did manage to take care of RC1 of CLI! Thanks Braden! (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4837). To get it:

npm install -g cordova@3.0.10

With the RC, doing a "cordova platform add" will add the rc1 platform, and
doing a "cordova platform update" will update an existing platform to rc1.

I think we should hold off on a blog post for it until we update the
plugins in the registry (and at the same time remove the .core part). If
someone else wants to take that on, that'd be awesome. Otherwise I will get
to it on Sunday while I'm in Amsterdam :).

One revelation I had about the registry:
I think we should *not* remove the url= line from FileTransfer's
<dependency> tag for a little while. This will mean that even when
FileTransfer comes from the registry, its dependency will come straight
from the URL. The copy in the registry and the copy in git are the same, so
this should be fine. If we *did* remove the url right away, then people
using the 3.0 tools and following the 3.0 instructions would break.

New New timeline:
ASAP - Upload rc1 of cordova-docs
Sunday/Monday - Plugin release + Uploading plugins to registry
Monday - Blog post announcing RC1
Rest of week: Test upgrade process, Test the registry out, Make sure docs
are good, Test download tracking of the registry
Following Monday (ish): Final Release

In this revision, I push back the final release even more because I realize
many of us will be travelling back from AMS.