The issue is the that stated methodology for getting the right versions to
test is:
* for release, get plugins from the master branch and platforms, tests etc
from the release branch (3.0.x)
* for tip of tree, get plugins from the dev branch and platforms, tests etc
from the master branch
Since the rename was done to the plugins on master (appropriate for 3.1.x)
that no longer leaves a place to get plugins that are 'compatible' with
3.0.x

The issue that I am pointing out right now is that the file:
cordova-mobile-spec/dependencies-plugin/plugin.xml
explicitly names the plugins with the old name in the 3.0.x branch of
mobile-spec. so it breaks.

If a developer has a similar references to their 3.0.x plugins, it will
also fail next time they build a fresh new project.

For CI it means that all tests of the 3.0.x branch now fail.