Yes to both of your questions.

1) You need svn add the generated file. You should see a question mark when
you do a svn status letting you know it hasn't been added.
2) The more tag is exactly what you use to handle the cutoff. I also
learned this by looking at other posts. Would be a nice addition for the
readme.

Tweeted it out https://twitter.com/apachecordova/status/392411825246990336