I agree with this approach.  Non-existence of 'subdirectory' means the root
is the root.

platforms.js

module.exports = {
    'ios' : {
        parser : './src/metadata/ios_parser',
        url    : 'https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-ios.git',
        version: '3.2.0-rc1'
    },
    'android' : {
        parser : './src/metadata/android_parser',
        url    :
'https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git',
        version: '3.2.0-rc1'
    },