There's a bit of a BC issue here because cordova.js needs to know what file
to inject a <script> tag for, so it can load the file and then load its
module. That's why I hesitated to modify the format of that file,
originally. (It currently sets module.exports to an array of <js-module>
info.) Like Andrew says, entirely possible to make the change, just that
some care is required.

Braden