On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to give a update
>
> Support for both of these now exists in plugman + CLI on master. It seems
> to be working well enough.
>
> Docs: This is a pretty important piece. Once we release 3.3.0, our users
> are going to want to know what plugins are supported, what the getting
> started requirements are, etc. I know FireOS has already sent some doc
> updates. I would suggest installing all of the plugins you support and run
> mobile-spec. Once you have confirmed a plugin has full support, add your
> platform to the supported platform list.
>
> Docs can be found at https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/
>
> *FireOS*
> Plugman Tests: I commented out the tests because they need work. They rely
> to heavily on a copy paste job of the android tests. I had to update the
> plugin.xml files for the three plugins in the tests to add support for
> amazon-fireos just to get the tests to run.
>
> Check-reqs: right now the requirements are being checked in the cli. We
> will want to change this to use the platform level chec_reqs script
> instead. Android made this change recently. Hopefully someone can point you
> to the specific commits that made the change.  This is suffering from the
> same problem Android just had, in that it is setting the base api level at
> 17. We should update that number for now and after 3.3.0 work on converting
> this.

To add to this - I made a check afterwards to just make CLI's
check_requirements return true immediately. It makes more sense to have the
bin/create script run check_reqs itself. The original reason for having
check_requirements in CLI was to be able to check requirements before
running lazy_load, but that never came to fruition (and is a pretty minor
optimization anyways).