Hey Josh,

It's great to know that you're interested in helping out on the
documentation update!

Indeed, the old Ruby generator has served us well but it's dated and
becoming a hindrance to our productivity. A straight rewrite in node is not
how I want to approach. Programming languages come and go. Node is popular
with Cordova right now, but Ruby was the go-to language for PhoneGap 4
years ago. In the past four years, we've learned a lot of what's good and
bad about our documentation. Cordova has also been introduced to new
requirements that we previously never considered - multiple languages, way
more content, plugins, guides, and distributions wanting to rebrand the
docs.

The lack of communication is entirely my fault. I'll kick up a new ML
thread and start creating issues to lay the ground work. We can then all
loop back and chat.

Michael