well, we use whatever browser is default currently or we run in jsdom but I
suspect neither gets run very often given the tests I'm seeing

(frankly this part of the platform has been rather static for a while)

ideally the solution is drop in, closer to what the env we're targeting,
and has an IE analogue

so far nothing is looking very promising which kind of sucks