+1, and I do think it should show up every time.

As long as it's just a one-line notice, doesn't appear if you run cordova
in quiet mode, and we don't design it to make the user feel like a bad
person for not updating, then I think it's useful to show on every run. If
nothing else, the user needs a way to see the upgrade instructions if they
missed it the first time, or just put it off for a couple of days.