Well. I'm the one who "Fixed" this.

I'm obviously -1 on removing it without some more useful outcomes.

Just backing things out without fixing underlying flaws is a waste of energy.
Should I have backed out your glue because you broke the command line? Surely
that's ridiculous.

It's really upsetting to find dozens of surprise command line behaviors which
are not at all documented.

** If you add an api you should ensure that you haven't changed the shape of
the command line - as you did here.
** if you add an api to the command line, you should update the help
** if you change the arguments accepted by the command line, you should change
the help
** you should not complain about people cleaning up after the mess that you make

‎I understand that people don't like that the JSON isn't particularly
documented. I don't like it either, but everyone in the core group seems to
enjoy spitting out random JSON to be added to the Cordova JSON file.

** The JSON file needs to be documented with or without this command line flag.
solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.