With the app-harness, you actually can test on iOS from windows, so this is
becoming a use case.  So long as the pre-packaged native plugins running on
the app-harness match version requirements for your app, you won't need to
build the native bits locally.

All we need is to serve web assets from your development machine to the AH,
and the easiest way to make sure we serve the right assets is to use the
platform targeted prepare step.  If for no other reason, than just to make
sure we serve the right cordova_plugins.js (though Braden will know what
other platform bits the AH consumes, at some point it was using the app's
cordova.js and plugins' js-modules, but I think it changed to used the AH
bundled versions).

-Michal